About Me

lisapictwitterI always thought if I were brave enough I’d write a blog! But I don’t think I am! I read other blogs and and often think, “How can I scratch even the surface of the educational concepts they are writing about?

But in the course of my week, I use my scratch pad to jot down many ideas about things I need to remember as a superintendent and in the past as a learning supervisor, principal, literacy coach, teacher, and yes even as a mother and a wife. But when jotting down these notes they sometimes don’t fit any category at all. They are sometimes just a jumble of words and ideas. But without my lists, my notes to myself, and my ever-present scratch pad, I’d be lost.

But then I thought, I’ll bet everyone has a scratch pad somewhere in their lives, and they’d understand mine.  I can share those ideas. Ideas from my scratch pad! So here they are – my scratch pad thoughts – if they resonant with you then let me know. I’d love to hear your thoughts on what I write or thoughts on education in general or even specific educational issues.

As I begin my new role as a superintendent here in Grand Erie, I’m excited about this new learning journey. In the past I have been a Learning Supervisor in Thames Valley. Prior to that,  I was a principal at Emily Stowe Public School in Norwwich and then at Innerkip Central Public School. One of my favourite positions was when I was an instructional coach working directly with teachers. I loved that role because regardless what educational title people give the various roles I have been in, I know I’m really always a teacher at the core of who I am. And in that role, that role of a teacher, I foremost see myself as a learner and in that role of an instructional coach we were all learning together.

I’m hoping now to bring that “coaching / working together” mentality to everything I do in my new system role. I want to learn from you and together I know we can make this year and all the years to come, the very best for all the students, staff and parents here in Grand Erie.

Lisa….