Earlier this year I shared with you the three expectations that students at Emily Stowe Public School are expected to follow throughout the year:
- Be safe
- Demonstrate respect (and all positive character traits)
- We are here to learn.
My hopes for all of you and your families over the summer holidays, do not stray far from our school expectations:
- I hope you and your family keep safe whether you are travelling or staying close to home.
- May respect befall you; in the way you are treated and the way you treat others. Whether you are trying exercise patience navigating busy summer destinations, finding innovative ways to beat mosquitos, the summer heat or encouraging cooperation amongst siblings and finding humor when things don’t go as planned.
- Finally I wish that learning finds you no matter where you go or whatever you do. Summer learning can be some of the most exciting learning of all. It might be exploring a new destination, revisiting a local favourite destination, learning a new campfire song, inventing a new summer recipe, or reading some literary treasures.
I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you on September 2, 2014 for another exciting year together. And if you have the time and the inclination, come back here to my blog and tell me about some of your summer adventures. I’d love to hear about them.
Have a fun fill, safe and happy summer!
Here are some fun links you might enjoy looking at:
1. Trails in Southwestern Ontario for hiking, walking and exploring.
2. Galleries and Museums in Ontario
3. Ontario’s Waterways - click on the map of Ontario and explore
4. Norwich Public Library - list of summer activities on their front page
5. Summer Skating Schedule
6. YMCA Summer Schedule - Woodstock
7. And no summer is complete without a trip or two to Ritchies Ice Cream